When you go from the most expensive states and cities down to zip codes then you are getting into pockets of real wealth. BusinessInsider.com listed the fifteen most expensive zip codes in America.
Interestingly, six of the tony neighborhoods are in the New York Metropolitan area and seven if you count the Hampton's!
Here are the top five and you can see the rest at the site. (The dollar figure is for median asking price for a home.)
1. Upper East Side of New York (10065): $6.3 Million
2. Alpine, New Jersey (07620): $5.75 Million
3. Atherton, California (94027): $4.89 Million
4. Sagaponack, New York (11962): $4.18 Million
5. Hillsborough, California (94010): $4.13 Million