The Kimmel Center (Philadelphia, United States)
There are usually four ways that cities gain magnificent architecture. They include sports facilities, museums, libraries and performing arts centers. Stadiums tend to be very predictable and require consistent structures. Museums are more innovative but tend to be more block shaped and filled with glass. Libraries are hardly being built anymore.
That leaves the most exciting architecture to be performing arts centers.
Here are my ten favorites.
1. Walt Disney Concert Hall (Los Angeles, United States)
2. The Oslo Opera House (Oslo, Norway)
3. The Copenhagen Concert Hall (Copenhagen, Denmark)
4. Royal Albert Hall ( London, England)
5. National Theater and Concert Hall (Taipei, Taiwan)
6. Palacio de Bellas Artes (Mexico City, Mexico)
7. The Sage Gateshead (Gateshead Quays, United Kingdom)
8. The Royal Opera House (Muscat, Oman)
9. Harmony Hall (Fukui, Japan)
10. The Rudolfinum (Prague, Czech Republic)