The 65th Emmy Awards will be held tomorrow night and how times have changed since the first awards. Who would have believed sixty-five years ago that the Award would be broadcast around the world and be hosted by a successful openly gay man? I am not sure I would have believe the latter just three decades ago!
The Denver Post published some fun photographs from past Emmy's.
1. US actress Ellen DeGeneres comes on stage dressed in the swan costume Icelandic singer Bjork wore to the Oscars last year, at the 53rd Emmy Awards at the Shubert Theatre, in Los Angeles, 04 November, 2001. The Awards went ahead after twice being rescheduled due to the 11 September 2001 terrorist attacks and the ongoing US bombing of Afghanistan. LUCY NICHOLSON/AFP/Getty Images
2, Actor and comedian Bill Cosby poses with his Emmy statuette at the annual Primetime Emmy Awards in New York City, May 22, 1966. The 28-year-old won for his role in "I Spy" and became the first black actor to win an Emmy for a leading role in a television series. (AP Photo)
3, Betty White and Ed Asner hold Emmys they won in Los Angeles in May 1975. (AP Photo)
4. Dancing star Fred Astaire who dominated the 11th annual Television Academy awards ceremony by winning an unprecedented nine Emmys, gets a pat on the shoulder from actor Robert Young as Astaire accepted the final statuette. Young, an old friend, dashed from his seat in the Moulin Rouge audience in Hollywood, Los Angeles on May 6, 1959 to present the golden Emmy when Astaire found himself announced on stage for the final Emmy, but with no presenter. He won the multitude of honors for his show ìAN Evening With Fred Astaireî. (AP Photo)
5. Cybill Shepherd and Bruce Willis, co-stars of ABC's "Moonlighting," are shown during the Emmy Awards telecast in Los Angeles, Sept. 20, 1986. (AP Photo)
6. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston at the 51st Annual primetime Emmy Awards . Photo by Brenda Chase/Online USA, Inc.
7. Mary Tyler Moore and Jack Klugman hold the Emmys they were awarded at the Television Academy's annual awards presentations for best actress and actor of a comedy series in Los Angeles, May 20, 1973. Miss Moore won hers for the 'Mary Tyler Moore Show' and Klugman for 'The Odd Couple.' (AP Photo/David F. Smith)
8. Actors Michael Badalucco (L) kisses the hand of co-star Holland Taylor (R) as they pose with their Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor and Actress for a Drama Series for their roles in "The Practice" at the 51st Emmy Awards at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles 12 September, 1999. Scott Nelson/AFP/Getty Images
9. Writer Carl Reiner, center, poses with actors Don Knotts, left, and Peter Falk as they hold their statuettes at the Emmys Awards in Hollywood, Ca., May 22, 1962. Knotts was named outstanding performance in a supporting role by an actor in "The Andy Griffith Show"; Reiner won outstanding writing achievement in comedy for the "Dick Van Dyke Show"; and Falk was named outstanding single performance by an actor in a leading role in "The Dick Powell Show, The Price of Tomatoes." (AP Photo)
10. Actor Tony Danza poses with some of the Emmys he collected as the "designated acceptor" for winners not able to attend the 40th annual Emmy awards on Aug. 20,1988 in Pasadena. (AP Photo/Lennox Mclendon)
Check Out More Here>>>>